Silver Lining

Food for thought

Palestine: ’Israel’ demolishes homes, Al Aqsa stormed & properties vandalized

(Palestine-file photo)

(Palestine-file photo)

’Israel’ Demolishes Palestinian Homes in East Al-Quds

Al Ahed news

“Israeli” forces razed several structures in the East al-Quds neighborhoods of al-Tur and Eisawiya under the pretext that “they were built without a license”.

Locals stated that a large number of “Israeli” forces including special forces, police horsemen, and border guard officers raided Khallat al-Ein neighborhood in al-Tur. The invading forces denied residents and journalists access to the area before they forced two families to quickly evacuate their houses for demolition. The families were given only minutes to pull out some of their belongings.

One of the residents, Zakariyya al-Daya confirmed that “without a prior notice, “Israeli” forces stormed his house and another house belonging to his brother Abdul-Aziz and ordered the families to evacuate them for demolition.”
Al-Daya asserted that he had obtained a court decision to suspend the demolition order until October. He tried to show the soldiers the decision but they refused to argue with him and attacked him with pepper spray, he said.

Al-Daya explained that the two houses measured 120 square meters and used to shelter 12 family members. They were built six years earlier on a private tract of land. The so-called “Israeli” municipal council then ordered the family to pay a fine of 20,000 shekels followed by another fine of 60,000 shekels which the family is still paying in installments.

Separately, “Israeli” forces demolished a building under construction in the same neighborhood belonging to Mahir Abu Sbeitan. A member of a al-Quds follow-up committee, Mufid Abu Ghanam, stated that the two-story building measured 250 square meters and consisted of four apartments.

He further clarified that “Israel” prevents Palestinian residents of al-Quds from building new houses on their own private land or enlarging their houses to meet natural growth. Meanwhile, he added, “Israeli” settlements are being expanded without interruption.

The “Israelis”, according to Abu Ghannam, use trivial pretexts to prevent residents from building houses in al-Tur. Sometimes they claim the lands are conserved open space reserves, then they claim the land has been confiscated to be used for public purposes. “These are all pretexts to take the land for settlements so as to maintain control in al-Quds.”

Another “Israeli” demolition raid targeted Eisawiya village where bulldozers razed three steel structures used as sheep barns and a scrap yard. The barns belonged to Natsha family, while the scrap yard belonged to Gheith family.

“Israeli” forces leveled an area of 2,000 square meters and uprooted several trees.

————————————————————————————-

Dozens of Israeli conscripts storm Aqsa Mosque

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Around 60 Israeli conscripts stormed the holy Aqsa mosque in occupied Jerusalem on Tuesday in military uniform.

The conscripts divided themselves into two groups and toured the Mosque’s various plazas each group with a tour guide who gave an explanation about the alleged temple.

Hundreds of tourists and Jewish settlers also toured the holy site under heavy Israeli police escort that restrained the movement of Muslim worshipers and scholars.

For its part, the Aqsa Foundation said that the Israeli occupation authorities were trying to establish daily presence inside the Aqsa in line with a “feverish scheme” to divide the holy site.

It called on Jerusalemites and Palestinians in the 1948 occupied land to intensify their presence in the Aqsa.

The Foundation warned that more and bigger storming attempts are expected in the coming Jewish feasts that start on 4th September.

————————————————————————————-

Jewish settlers vandalize Jerusalemites’ properties

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Israeli “Price tag” gangs carried out at dawn Tuesday attacks against Jerusalemites’ properties where they sprayed anti-Arab graffiti on cars belonging to Palestinians.

Local sources in Beit Safafa, south-east of Jerusalem, confirmed that Israeli extremist groups stormed the village’s neighborhood and punctured the tires of ten Palestinian vehicles.

The extremist groups also sprayed “price tag” and “revenge” on walls of Palestinian houses in the village.

The Jerusalemite families filed a complaint with Israeli police against the attackers.

Price tag is the term given to extremist hate crimes by Israeli settlers which generally target Palestinians in West Bank and Jerusalem.

The settlers carry out attacks against Palestinian citizens, mosques, churches, vehicles, and cultivated land lots encouraged by rabbis’ incitement and Israeli government’s approval to expand their settlements.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to consider Price Tag gangs as terrorist groups.

————————————————————————————-

‘Israel’ plans to build 396 housing units in Jerusalem

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Israeli Occupation Authorities (IOA) have approved the establishment of 396 housing units in Beit Hanina village north of Jerusalem, aiming at expanding Ramat Shlomo settlement and link it with the second-largest settlement in Jerusalem.

The expert on the settlement and maps, Khalil al-Tufkaji, said that this Israeli settlement scheme has been previously delayed to be presented again after talks’ resumption.

Beit Hanina lands, over 4,850 dunams, were confiscated in 1970 under the pretext of serving public interest, where Ramat settlement, which accommodates 42 thousand settlers, was built.

The Israeli authorities provocatively approved the establishment of settlement units in different parts of West Bank and Jerusalem regardless of the borders of June 1967, he said.

Tufkaji pointed to the construction of 1500 housing units in Ramat Shlomo and 396 new units in Ramot. Furthermore, the Israeli Housing and Construction Minister declared the establishment of a new settlement in the West Bank as part of Israeli expansion schemes.

The Israeli Housing Minister Uri Ariel of the Jewish Home Party declared Monday that settlement construction will continue in West Bank. “A two-state solution is an unrealistic solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict”, he said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s