Silver Lining

Food for thought

Palestine: Protests suppressed against Begin-Prawer Plan, 40 olive trees destroyed & 1700 patient prisoners risk death in jails

IOF suppresses protests against Begin-Prawer Plan

BEERSHEBA, (PIC)– Protesters in occupied Beersheba have closed the main street leading to the so-called the Bedouin Resettlement Authority, refusing the Israeli police orders to vacate the place.

The Israeli police forces violently attacked the protesters and arrested twenty of them after being subjected to severe beating.

The protesters were holding flags and banners and chanting slogans against Begin-Prawer Plan that aims to confiscate thousands of dunums and to displace tens of thousands of Palestinian Bedouins in the Nagev.

Thousands throughout the Palestinian villages and cities inside the Green Line have participated in the protests including political and national leaders.

A general strike and large demonstrations started since the morning hours on Monday July 15th in several Palestinian cities and villages in 1948-occupied territories calling for a halt of the “Prawer Plan”, that aims to displace 40,000 Palestinian Bedouins, uproot 36 villages and confiscate over 800,000 dunums of land.

For his part, Fawzi Barhoum, Hamas spokesman, stated that Prawer Plan is an Israeli attempt to legalize the Judaization of the Palestinian properties and rights.

He pointed out that the escalation of the Israeli Judaization policy came in light of the PA compromises to resume the Israeli-Palestinian talks, confirming that this bill is supported by the US administration to complete the Israeli Judaization and settlement project.

He called on the Palestinian people to resist this racist bill and to expose all Israeli plans to confiscate Palestinian lands, calling for an end of the coordination and normalization with the occupation authorities.

————————————————————————————–
Jewish settlers chop down 40 olive trees, assault houses

RAMALLAH, (PIC)– Jewish settlers of the price tag gang raided Palestinian cultivated land lots to the north of Ramallah and chopped down 40 olive trees.

Local sources in Tirmasaya village said that the settlers cut off the trees in the eastern lands of the village.

They said that around ten settlers sneaked into the land on Sunday night and attacked citizens’ property and crops.

The sources noted that the citizens rushed to defend their land at a late night hour.

In another incident, groups of Jewish settlers threw rocks and bottles at a Palestinian citizen’s home near Gush Etzion settlement to the north of Al-Khalil on Sunday.

Local sources said that the settlers terrorized women and children, adding that Israeli occupation forces protected the settlers.

————————————————————————————-

Worshippers confront attempt to desecrate Aqsa mosque

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Worshipers and Quran students in the Aqsa mosque confronted dozens of Jewish settlers who entered the holy site from the Maghareba gate.

The Aqsa foundation for endowment and heritage said that the settlers broke into the Aqsa mosque at an early morning hour to mark the anniversary of what they call the destruction of the temple.

Israeli police forces, which provided protection for the settlers, had been deployed since the early morning hours in various plazas of the mosque amidst protests on the part of worshipers and students.

The worshipers managed to force the retreat of the settlers outside the mosque, the foundation said, noting that the police forces detained two children and doubled its security measures at the entrance to the mosque.

————————————————————————————–

IOA plans to raze four homes south of Nablus

NABLUS, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation authority (IOA) served demolition notices to four families in Aqraba village, south of Nablus, on Sunday.

Bilal Abdulhadi, deputy chairman of Aqraba municipal council, told the PIC that the IOA informed four citizens in Akar Mountain to the southwest of the village that they have to evacuate their homes.

He said that the IOA claimed the construction was in area C and was made without permission.

————————————————————————————–

1700 patient prisoners risk death in Israeli jails

GAZA, (PIC)– Palestinian patient prisoners in Israeli jails suffer deliberate Israeli medical negligence and lack of medical care where they risk death at any moment.

Riad al-Ashqar, prisoners’ ministry media director, stated that the number of patient prisoners has escalated in Israeli jails due to the Israeli medical negligence and the bad detention conditions in addition to the continued pressures and repression.

About 1700 prisoners out of 4600 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails suffer health problems including 75 prisoners suffer chronic diseases.

The liberated prisoner Omar al-Bardawil (29) who was released recently, stated that the Palestinian patient prisoners’ health situation is getting worse as part of the Israeli Prison Administration’s policy to liquidated them.

Al-Bardawil, who served 8 years behind Israeli bars, pointed out that the patient prisoners are facing death at any moment due to the Israeli harassments and medical negligence particularly the hunger strikers.

He called for a real and firm position behind the patient prisoners in Israeli jails who suffer shortage of medicines and medical care.

Jordanian prisoners in Israeli jails have declared hunger strike since early May protesting their difficult detention condition where their health situation has deteriorated in Ramle prison in light the Israeli deliberate medical negligence.

Meanwhile, Fidaa group to support prisoners in Israeli jails denied Israeli claims that the hunger striker Abdullah Barghouthi is clinically dead.

Anas Abu Khudair, Fidaa group’s director, confirmed that Barghouthi is still alive however he suffers sharp health deterioration due to his hunger strike since more than 70 days.

He pointed out that Barghouthi is kept alone in Afula prison, while the 4 other Jordanian prisoners are held in Soroka Hospital.

Jordanian prisoner in Israel Abdullah Barghouthi is serving the longest term in the world as he was sentenced to 67 life terms. He has been in jail for 10 years after he was arrested by Israel when he entered the West Bank to visit relatives there.

On May 2, six Jordanians began their own “battle of empty stomachs” following Palestinian peers who managed to secure their freedom and attracted worldwide attention to their plight over the past months.

One response to “Palestine: Protests suppressed against Begin-Prawer Plan, 40 olive trees destroyed & 1700 patient prisoners risk death in jails

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s