Israeli military court sentenced two Palestinian children to jail
JENIN, (PIC)– The Israeli military court in Salem, north of the West Bank, sentenced two Palestinian children from Burkin village in Jenin to three months in jail without any consideration to their age.
Local sources said that the court sentenced 13-year-old Ahmed Khalaf and 14-year-old Osama Subuh to three months in jail and a fine of 2000 shekels on each one of them.
The sources said that the court refused the lawyer’s request for their release in view of their age and insisted that they should stand trial.
Both children were arrested around a month ago near the Jalama checkpoint, north of Jenin.
IOA transfers 12-year-old detainee to hospital
BETHLEHEM, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation authority (IOA) transferred a 12-year-old Palestinian child to Hadassah Ein Karem hospital in Jerusalem only few hours after his arrest.
The director of the Palestinian prisoner’s society in Bethlehem, Abdulfattah Khalil, told Quds Press on Tuesday that medical sources informed the family of the child Husam Khalifa, of his transfer to hospital late last night.
Khalil said that the child’s father, from Bethlehem, was with him until 02:00 am (local time) Tuesday after Israeli occupation forces summoned him to a roadblock where his son Husam was being held.
He said that Husam was in good health and did not suffer any health problems before his detention.
Khalil expressed concern that the child might have been beaten and tortured after his father left him, holding the IOA fully responsible for his life.
Demolition orders and arrests in Jerusalem
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Israeli Municipal authorities in Jerusalem have handed on Monday demolition orders against 4 buildings in Shuafat, Beit Hanina, and Silwan.
The lawyer Zied Abd al-Majid said that the mentioned buildings in Shuafat consist of 6 apartments, explaining that one of the houses was established since 1999 under a construction permit, however the Israeli authorities canceled the permit under the pretext of violating the construction law.
The lawyer added that the Israeli Jerusalem Municipality started renewing the demolition orders against Jerusalemite houses asking the residents to demolish their houses by themselves to avoid the demolition expenses.
In another context, the Israeli occupation continue its repressive measures in occupied Jerusalem, where Israeli border guards attacked on Monday evening a 13-year-old Palestinian child using pepper spray.
The child’s father said that his son was standing waiting for him near Bab al-Sahera when Israeli soldiers stopped their vehicle and sprayed pepper spray on the child’s eyes while.
The child was transferred to Hadassah Ein Karem hospital, the father said, pointing that a video documenting the attack was handed to the Israeli police in Jerusalem.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces arrested a child from Issawiya town in occupied Jerusalem after storming his parents’ house and took him to al-Maskoubiya detention center.
The Israeli soldiers also arrested a Jerusalemite youth from Beit Hanina and took him to unknown destination.
A 13-year-old child was also arrested in the Old City in Jerusalem for throwing a Molotov cocktail at an Israeli outpost, while his father confirmed that his child has no relation to the incident.
The Israeli police has arrested last week the child’s brother, 15, and extended his detention to June 20.
Meanwhile, the Israeli authorities released on Monday the Jerusalemite prisoner Mohammed Jamal Mahmoud from Issawiyya, after spending two and a half years in Israeli jails.
IOA orders eviction of Bedouin families
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation authority (IOA) ordered members of the Ka’abna tribe to leave their Bedouin homes near Beit Hanina village in occupied Jerusalem.
Local sources said that the IOA ordered eight families comprising 53 individuals to leave their homes, which are adjacent to Bir Nabala to the north west of Jerusalem.
They said that the family members staged a sit-in since the morning hours on Tuesday in protest at the eviction notice.
Salem Abu Dahuk, the chairman of Jerusalem Bedouin Society, said that the suffering of the Ka’abna family with occupation is a long one.
He said that the tribe’s suffering started with the establishment of the Israeli industrial area Atarut on the land of Bir Nabala, adding that the racist, separation wall then divided their land and deprived them of basic services such as education and health yet the tribesmen remained steadfast and refused to leave their land.
Jewish settlers torch olive trees in Bethlehem village
BETHLEHEM, (PIC)– Jewish settlers torched olive trees near Nahalin village, west of Bethlehem, on Tuesday night.
Eyewitnesses said that settlers from Beitar Illit settlement, established on village land, started the fire in the olive fields.
They said the blaze destroyed more than ten olive trees in Khirbat Al-Deir near the village before the inhabitants could put out the fire.
Jerusalemite ordered to pay 13,000 dollars to compensate a usurping settler
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Israeli forces Judaization campaigns and brutal practices against Jerusalemites aiming to displace them from the holy city continue.
The Israeli Magistrate’s Court imposed a 13-thousand-dollar sum against the Jerusalemite Daoud Siam, 35, for his alleged attack on an Israeli settler who tried to confiscate the house of Siam’s grandfather, Wadi Hilweh Information Center revealed.
Siam told the center that the court issued a decision in absentia on Sunday asking him to pay a 13-thousand-dollar sum to the Israeli settler who claimed to have been assaulted by Siam.
The case dates back over four years, Siam said. In 2009, four Israeli settlers tried to break into the house of Siam’s grandfather in Wadi Hilweh in Silwan while no one was home. When Daoud arrived one of the settlers instantly raised his gun and then they withdrew after verbal altercation.
Siam was then arrested and detained for 24 hours and a fine of 1,500 shekels, and 150 hours of community service, in addition to 3 years imprisonment with a stay of execution for 6 months.
According to the court’s decision, the first sentence was a compensation to the public right, however the new order is a compensation to the settler.