Silver Lining

Food for thought

Palestine: Israelis continue violence, demolition orders, more lands confiscated & 7 million refugees since Nakba

(File photo)

Jewish settlers deface graves, destroy agricultural installations

NABLUS, (PIC)– Jewish settlers destroyed a number of agricultural installations and defaced graves near Sawiya village, south of Nablus, on Monday.

Ghassan Daghlas, in charge of monitoring settlement activity north of the West Bank, said that the settlers attacked and destroyed a hothouse and two tractors owned by Abdulaziz Nasrallah.

He said that the settlers vandalized graves and wrote racist graffiti on them in addition to “Price Tag”.

————————————————————————————

Jewish settlers set Palestinian farm crops on fire

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)– Jewish settlers set on fire Palestinian farm crops in Yatta town, south of Al-Khalil, on Monday morning.

Local sources said that a number of settlers sneaked into the area from the nearby settlement of Maon and torched the crops owned by a member of Awad family.

They said that big numbers of Israeli army soldiers were present at the time of the attack but did not intervene to stop it.

Meanwhile, Israeli occupation forces served notices to citizens in Yatta and Daheriya that their water wells and other agricultural installations would be razed at the pretext they fell in areas under full control of the Israeli occupation authorities according to the Oslo accords.

————————————————————————————–

Jewish settlers set alight 20 dunums of cultivated land

NABLUS, (PIC)– Jewish settlers set ablaze more than 20 dunums of cultivated land lots in Qaryut village, south of Nablus, on Monday and prevented their owners from approaching to put it off.

Bashar Al-Qaryuti, in charge with monitoring settlement activity in the village, said that dozens of settlers from the settlement of Shilo started the fire that burnt the land cultivated with barley, wheat, and olives.

He charged that the Israeli occupation forces provided protection for the settlers and blocked the land owners, 25 individuals, from extinguishing the fire.

Jewish settlers’ attacks in the West Bank have been on the rise lately in the absence of deterrence in light of the PA quelling of any form of resistance.

————————————————————————————

Jewish settlers torch three cars in Arab village

NAZARETH, (PIC)– Jewish settlers stormed the village of Um Al-Qatf in 1948 occupied Palestine and torched three cars at dawn Tuesday, locals said.

They said that the settlers wrote racist graffiti on walls of the village’s mosque and drew the red Star of David.

In the same context, the Hebrew radio said that racist anti-Arab slogans were written on one of the buildings in Safad city also in 1948 occupied Palestine.

————————————————————————————

IOA serves notices for the demolition of 14 houses near Jericho

JERICHO, (PIC</strong>)– The Israeli occupation authorities (IOA) served notices for the demolition of 14 houses in Oja village near Jericho in the central Jordan Valley on Monday morning.

Local sources said that the notices were delivered by Israeli occupation forces after storming the village, adding that all houses were in the Najada suburb.

They said that the IOA claimed that all buildings were built without permit and that the houses were built in area C.

The sources recalled that IOA teams razed three houses in the same village last week in line with a demolition spree in all areas of the Jordan Valley.

————————————————————————————

Israeli demolition orders in occupied Jerusalem

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Israeli municipal authorities in Jerusalem has issued a demolition order against a building under construction consisting of 6 apartments under the pretext of being built without permit in Beit Hanina town.

The building construction was permitted since two years ago. However, the Israeli authorities claimed that the contractor has breached the permit’s terms, said the building’s owner.

The Municipal authorities have issued randomly demolition orders on Sunday against 4 other houses in Wadi Hilweh neighborhood in the town of Silwan, including an Islamic Waqf property that was established before the Israeli occupation of Jerusalem in 1967, Wadi Hilweh Information Center revealed.

Israeli police and border guards have stormed children’s playground, while a camera crew filmed the place. Verbal confrontations took place between the Israeli forces and Palestinian residents when the Israeli forces closed some lanes preventing the children from having access to their houses.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center said that the Israeli municipality of occupied Jerusalem issued three demolition orders including an administrative demolition order that permits the implementation of the demolition process in 24 hours while the judicial demolition orders could be postponed several times.

The Israeli occupation continued its demolition policy in occupied Jerusalem in an attempt to impose its control over the city and reduce the Palestinian presence in the city.

————————————————————————————

Issawi calls for more support of prisoners’ issue

RAMALLAH, (PIC)– The Jerusalemite prisoner Samer Issawi has called on his supporters during his hunger strike that lasted for 8 months to continue solidarity campaigns in support of the prisoners’ issue.

In his letter published by the Islamic Jihad movement’s media office, Issawi pointed to the sick prisoners held in Ramle prison hospital who suffer the Israeli deliberate medical neglect.

Issawi, detained in Ramle prison, stressed that all Muslims are responsible for the prisoners’ suffering, quoting prophet Mohamed peace be upon him as saying “You see the believers as regards their being merciful among themselves and showing love among themselves and being kind, resembling one body, so that, if any part of the body is not well then the whole body shares the sleeplessness (insomnia) and fever with it.”

Samer Issawi was arrested in 2002 and sentenced to 26 years. He was released in Wafa al-Ahrar deal in 2011. He was re-arrested by Israeli authorities under the pretext of violating his release terms where he declared an open hunger strike protesting his re-arrest. Issawi reached a deal by which he will be released in October after an 8-month long hunger strike.

Palestinian liberated prisoners confirmed that Ramle prison hospital was “slaughter house” and not a hospital.

————————————————————————————-

Israeli scheme to confiscate more Jordan Valley lands

NAZARETH, (PIC)– Hebrew media sources revealed on Monday a new Israeli scheme to establish a city for Bedouins in Jordan Valley to facilitate the confiscation of their lands in the northern West Bank.

Palestinian experts considered the new Israeli scheme as a new Israeli attempt to confiscate more lands in the Jordan Valley and to displace the Bedouins without any possible prosecution.

The Israeli Civil Administration planned to establish a new city in the Jordan Valley for the Bedouins in an attempt to isolate and besiege them in certain areas as a prelude to confiscate their lands, similar to what the Israeli government has done and is still doing to the Bedouins in Negev desert, where they were forced to live in certain areas so that their land can be confiscated, Israeli media sources confirmed.

The Israeli “Nueama” project will be established over 1800 Dunums. The Palestinian Bedouins will be forced to get construction permits from the Israeli Civil Administration under the pretext that the area is located in Area C.

————————————————————————————

7 million Palestinian refugees since Palestinian Nakba

RAMALLAH, (PIC)– More than 7 million Palestinian refugees, uprooted from their homes and lands since the Palestinian Nakba (the usurpation of Palestine), are still hoping to return to their homeland, and reject the notion of land swaps.

Many of the Palestinian families who fled Palestine still hold keys to their homes after being forced to leave their lands and homes at gunpoint.

MP Mona Mansour stressed the right of return for all Palestinian refugees who were forcibly expelled from their historical lands. She confirmed her total rejection of the notion of land swaps, warning of its seriousness on the Palestinian cause.

Dr Abdel Sattar Qassem Professor of Political studies confirmed that Nakba anniversary highlights the Palestinian refugees’ adherence to their right of return despite their difficult living conditions in refugee camps.

The refugee Ahmed Abu Saada from Jalazoun refugee camp confirmed that the Palestinian right of return will never be compromised. Resistance is the only reliable option to return to our homeland, he stressed.

The Palestinian expert in settlements affairs Khalil Tufkaji expressed his rejection to the idea of land swaps, saying that it legalizes the Israeli settlement and prevents the territorial contiguity of the Palestinian desired state.

The Palestinian right of return is a sacred right inherited by successive generations and no one is entitled to compromise it, the refugee, Hamdan Khamis from the Askar refugee camp east of Nablus said.

In 1948, nearly 714 thousand Palestinians were forcibly displaced from the homes and ended up in various internal and external refugee camps.

Millions of refugees are still displaced in various refugee camps as Israel continues to deny their internationally-guaranteed Right of Return to their homes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s