Silver Lining

Food for thought

Palestine: Marmara victims to pursue case despite apology & bulldozers ruin cultivated land lot in preparation for annexing it

Marmara Victims to Pursue Zionist Entity despite Apology

Al Manar

Turkish pro-Palestinian activists said on Monday they would not withdraw a lawsuit against the Zionist commanders for a fatal 2010 raid on their Gaza-bound flotilla, ahead of official compensation talks between Turkey and the Jewish entity this week.

“We will not discuss compensation or give up on the trials until the blockade over Gaza is removed,” said Musa Cogas, one of the activists who was on board the Mavi Marmara, the largest ship in the flotilla aimed at breaking Zionist Gaza blockade.

His comments came ahead of official compensation talks between Turkey and the entity of occupation on Thursday.

The talks follow a breakthrough apology from Zionist Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu last month for the deaths of nine Turks during the raid.

The US-brokered apology ended a three-year diplomatic crisis between the entity and Turkey, which asked for a formal apology and compensation for the families of the victim to fully normalize ties.

“The apology means Israel is confessing to its crime… and has a diplomatic significance but that means nothing to us,” said Ahmet Varol, a columnist for the Turkish Islamist daily Akit and another of the activists on board the flotilla.
“The flotilla set sail to get the embargo lifted over Gaza and the blockade removed and we are clearly not there yet,” Varol said.

Prosecutors at the high-profile Istanbul trial that opened in November are seeking life sentences for four top Zionist military chiefs over the deadly maritime assault. The next hearing is scheduled for May 20.

From a legal perspective, payment of compensation would not lead to the withdrawal of a “public lawsuit” seeking criminal action, a plaintiff lawyer told Agence France Presse.

All in all, the total compensation sought by the plaintiffs at courts across Turkey reaches 10 million Turkish lira.

————————————————————————————

Israeli bulldozers ruin cultivated land lot in preparation for annexing it

NABLUS, (PIC)– Israeli bulldozers ruined vast tracts of Palestinian land owned by inhabitants of Deir Al-Hattab village, east of Nablus city, on Sunday.

Abdulkarim Hussein, the head of the village’s municipal council, said that the Israeli bulldozers have been working on the destruction of olive and almond trees over dozens of dunums for the past couple of days.

He said that the Israeli occupation authorities want to expand the nearby Elon Moreh settlement, which was established on land owned by people of Deir Al-Hattab, Azmut, and Salem villages, or maybe establish a new settlement outpost.

Hussein appealed for international pressures on the IOA to stop such practices.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s