Silver Lining

Food for thought

Palestine: Israeli police besiege Aqsa Mosque, attack on a boy & metro ads

Israeli police besiege Aqsa Mosque, allow Jews to defile it

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation police evacuated on Wednesday morning the Aqsa Mosque’s plazas from Palestinian worshipers and deployed its forces throughout the Mosque before allowing three groups of Jewish settlers to enter through Al-Maghariba Gate.

According to the Aqsa foundation for endowment and heritage, the Jewish settlers walked around in the southern and eastern sides of the Mosque’s courtyard and some of them performed rituals.

It said that Israeli armed police men were deployed at the Mosque’s gates and prevented many Palestinians from entering their Mosque.

Earlier, deputy speaker of the Knesset Moshe Feiglin had invited the Jews to defile the Aqsa Mosque today to celebrate their Passover festival.

The Jewish settlers intensified lately their provocative acts against the Aqsa Mosque, and in one incident, they erected a Jewish plastic candlestick at the eastern corner of the Aqsa Mosque.

————————————————————————————-

Israeli settlers organize marches around Al-Aqsa Mosque

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Hundreds of settlers have marched since the morning hours around the gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque, on the occasion of the Jewish Feast of Passover.

According to Al-Aqsa Foundation for Endowment and Heritage, MK Moshe Feiglin – Deputy Speaker of the Knesset – has called on Jewish worshipers to storm and pray at Al-Aqsa Mosque on Wednesday for the Passover holiday.

The Foundation warned in a press statement of the repercussions and the dimensions of such break-ins.

It called on worshipers and students from Jerusalem and the 1948-occupied territories to gather at the mosque and to intensify their daily presence inside it in order to protect it.

The group has also demanded the Arab League, holding a meeting in Doha, to take the appropriate decisions that preserve the sanctity of the Al-Aqsa Mosque from the occupation.

“The incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque, which took place yesterday, were accompanied by the performance of Talmudic rituals under the guidance of rabbis, who have a prominent role in the file of Judaization and the call for the construction of the alleged temple,” the Al-Aqsa Foundation said.

It called for organizing continuous events and activities that confirm rejection of Israeli schemes, and develop a program to liberate Al-Aqsa Mosque from the occupation.

————————————————————————————

IOA closes Ibrahimi mosque for two days

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation authority (IOA) announced that the Ibrahimi mosque in Al-Khalil would be closed before Muslim worshipers for two days starting Wednesday.

Local sources said that the IOA informed the Awkaf department in the city with the decision.

They said that the mosque would be open only for Jews to celebrate Passover.

———————————————————————————-

Extremist Israelis attack a Jerusalemite boy

OCCIPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Information Center of Wadi Hilweh in Silwan warned of the escalated settlers’ attacks on the residents of the city of Jerusalem, amid the inaction of the Israeli police.

The center recorded in a statement on Monday evening six attacks carried out by groups of settlers and Jewish extremists against Jerusalemites from Silwan and the Old City of Jerusalem, during the last week, between the 16th and the 25th March.

The last of these attacks took place on Monday, when four Jewish extremists abused 16-year-old Mansour Abu Madi, from the village of Silwan, while heading to school in the morning, at the Mughrabi Gate.

While the boy was defending himself, the settlers called policemen, who arrived and arrested him.

Abu Madi pointed out that he was held in the police station in Salah al-Din Street for more than three hours for interrogation. Now he is under house arrest for ten days, he is only allowed to leave for school accompanied by his father.

The Information Center in Wadi Hiweh pointed out that on March 20 a 9-year-old Jerusalemite child was attacked, as two Jewish extremists throw a piece of glass at him from a close distance, causing him a deep wound in the face.

The child stated that he saw one of the settlers who attacked him the next day despite the fact that the police claimed in a statement that they arrested the attackers.

A 16-year-old settler has also attacked Dina Jwiles, 14, and her brother Mohammed, 12, on March 18 in the neighborhood of Wadi Hilweh in Silwan, as they were heading to their school.

When the child was defending herself, the security guards in the settlement of City of David arrived and held her. Dina and her brother were then arrested by the police.

Other Israelis attacked on the 16th of March a woman and her daughter, while they were passing in a neighborhood in the Old City of Jerusalem.

———————————————————————————

US Metro Ads: End “Israeli” Apartheid

Moqawama 

Campaign and lobby group “American Muslims for Palestine” [AMP] launched Tuesday a new outdoor advertising campaign that will begin in 25 stations on the Metro North train line near New York City.

The ad will run for four weeks before moving to other cities around the country. The advert slams US aid to “Israel” and uses a quote from Archbishop Desmond Tutu stressing that “Israel” is an apartheid entity.
The AMP banners came in response to hatred ads that have been appearing at Metro-North stations since last year.

In one ad produced in September by the so-called “American Freedom Defense Initiative”, Islam is linked to a rising number of terrorist attacks. The ad declares: “It’s not Islamophobia, it’s Islamorealism.” That prompted community leaders and residents to stage a protest at the White Plains train station.
“Today, we’re actually funding apartheid in “Israel” and it’s time for us to stop funding apartheid and to stand for universal justice,” AMP’s chairman, Hatem Bazian said.

It is worth mentioning that “Israel” receives more than $ 3 billion from the United States in direct foreign assistance every year. It also gets USD 70 million more in military aid for its missile systems.

Bazian added in a statement that the group timed the release of the ads with US President Barak Obama’s visit to the Middle East to underline “his administration’s failure to address the true cause of conflict: “Israel’s” occupation of Palestinian lands and its racist apartheid policies, which subject Palestinians on a daily basis to humiliation, deprivation and a loss of their basic rights, including the freedom of movement.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s