Palestinian youth seriously wounded in IOF shooting
GAZA, (PIC)– A Palestinian young man was seriously wounded at the hands of Israeli occupation forces (IOF) in the Gaza Strip on Friday.
Dr. Ashraf Al-Qudra, the health ministry’s spokesman, told the PIC reporter that a 20-year-old young man was hit with an IOF bullet in his chest east of Jabalia, north of the Gaza Strip.
IOF troops violate the calm agreement in Gaza with incursions, shooting, targeting of farmers and fishermen being their daily routine.
The paved side of the street is for Jews only
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– B’Tselem organization stated that the separation between Israelis and Palestinians adopted by Israeli authorities in the West Bank does not involve public transport only, but it also involves the use of facilities.
The Israeli human rights NGO said in a report released on Friday that it has published a new video entitled “How to Build a Fence in Hebron” that features footage of Border Police officers stating that one side of a newly erected fence is for Jews, the other for Arabs.
The organization reported that “The separation principle is an official policy of the Israeli military separating Jews and Moslems in the city of Hebron. The policy is implemented primarily through severe restrictions on Palestinian travel and movement in downtown Hebron, where most Israeli settlement outposts are located”.
It added that the neighborhood of a-Salaimeh, which is connected to the Ibrahimi Mosque, represents one of the roads prohibited to Palestinian vehicles. In order to transport supplies through the street, Palestinians were forced to use a horse-drawn wagon or a hand-cart, while settlers and Israeli civilians are permitted to walk and drive cars on the street.
B’Tselem’s report noted that on 23 September 2012 Israeli security forces laid out a chain-link fence, dividing the road lengthwise. On one side of the fence is a paved road for settlers and on the other, a narrow pedestrian passageway for Palestinian residents.
“Since the fence was erected, Israeli security forces have not allowed Palestinians to walk on the road. Instead they direct Palestinians to the narrow passageway, which is unpaved, rough and ends in a small staircase. The passage is completely impassible by wheelchair and is very difficult to navigate with a baby carriage, pushcart or bicycle,” B’Tselem added.
It has also videoed the construction of the fence and of Border Police keeping Palestinians from going on the road.
Musa Abu Hashhash and Manal al-Ja’bri, B’Tselem field researchers, also tried to reach the wide, paved side of the street. However, because they are Palestinian, Border Policemen prevented them from doing so. The policemen told them explicitly that the paved side of the street is for Jews only.
Jewish settlers chop down more than 100 olive trees in Nablus village
NABLUS, (PIC)– Jewish settlers chopped down more than one hundred olive trees in Sawiya village, south of Nablus city, on Friday night.
Abdulrahim Yusuf, the chairman of the village’s municipal council, said that farmers were stunned at the site of their chopped off trees when they went to their farms on Saturday morning.
He said that the settlers chopped down one hundred trees and damaged dozens others and wrote “price tag” on the iron barrels that are used to protect the trees.
The mayor pointed out that this was not the first such attack by settlers from Rahil settlement on the land of Sawiya, recalling that they had previously damaged hundreds of trees and attacked citizens and their property.
New Israeli orders to confiscate hundreds of dunums in Abu Dis town
OCCUPIED PALESTINE, (PIC)– Israeli Occupation authorities have recently announced the seizure and the confiscation of hundreds of dunums in the town of Abu Dis, east of Jerusalem.
The so-called Israeli Civil Administration issued new orders to confiscate and seize lands east of Abu Dis town, in order to expand Jahalin neighborhood established currently on the territory of Abu Dis, The lawyer Bassam Bahar Chairman of the Committee for the Defense of land and resist settlement in Abu Dis said in a press statement on Wednesday.
Bahar added that the Israeli new settlement project aimed to deport thousands of Bedouin families from the surrounding areas of Ma’ale Adumim, Kedar, and Mishor Adumim settlements, and all areas surrounding the city of Jerusalem, in order to establish a new settlement neighborhood in Mishor Adumim area.
He pointed out that this Judaization project began since 1997, and continued in several stages, during which hundreds of Bedouin families were deported to the area of Abu Dis in total violation of the right of return and all international laws and norms.
On the other hand, the lawyer Bahar confirmed that the occupation forces issued an order to the family of Abu Sneineh to halt construction work in their home near the University of Jerusalem, under the pretext that the land area is not entitled to Palestinian citizens.
Bahar pointed out that the occupation authorities have halted expansion work near the Cliff Hotel, where the Israeli Attorney-General Zionist has issued a decision to stop work on the apartheid wall in this area.
Occupation hands out demolition notices to Palestinians in Jerusalem, al-Khalil
WEST BANK, (PIC)– The occupation authorities handed out demolition notices to residents of Khirbet Khallet Dabaa east of Yatta, south of al-Khalil in the occupied West Bank, between a number of Jewish settlements.
Rateb Jabour, coordinator of the Popular Committees against the Wall and Settlement in the south of al-Khalil, said that the occupation authorities and the Civil Administration have notified the demolition of 24 Palestinian buildings in the hamlet located between the settlements of Ma’on, Mitzpe Yair and Ovigal.
Six families, composed of 55 members, live in this hamlet. All of them have received the demolition notifications.
Jabour appealed to all the concerned bodies to immediately intervene to help the land owners and support them in defending their lands that represent their source of livelihood.
Meanwhile, the Israeli forces handed over in Shiyah Street in al-Tur neighborhood, east of the city of Jerusalem, a warning and notice to demolish a workshop, under the pretext that it was established without a permit.
Local sources reported that the workshop belongs to Hamza Aslan, and that he has the proper identity papers stating that his workshop was licensed.
Khaled Zabarka, director of Jerusalem Foundation for Development, said that the occupation claims maintaining the law and order by issuing demolition orders to hide its crimes.
“The occupation has been daily issuing or implementing demolition orders against Palestinian shops and houses in Jerusalem, in an effort to expel Jerusalemites from their land”, Zabarka added.