Related to last news article
Israeli Court Rules Issawi Must Stay in Custody, Protesters Clash with IOF
An Israeli court ordered on Tuesday that Palestinian hunger striker Samer Issawi should remain in jail, as tens of protesters clashed with occupation forces in Ramallah.
As Issawi’s lawyer requested Issawi’s release at a magistrate’s court in Jerusalem, Israeli military prosecutor opposed the request.
The Palestinian prisoner, who has been on hunger strike since August, had entered the court in a wheelchair surrounded by armed guards.
Asked by the judge about his condition, Issawi “replied in a weak voice that he suffers pains and is facing death,” the lawyer Jawad Bulous told Ma’an news agency.
Shortly after the judge announced Issawi would remain in prison until the next hearing in one month, his mother had a break down.
Hundreds of Palestinians in Israeli jails declared a one-day fast on Tuesday in solidarity with Issawi and three other prisoners on hunger strike.
The Palestinian Prisoner Club, which looks after the welfare of inmates and their families, said 800 prisoners were taking part in the day-long fast.
The issue of Palestinian prisoners who had been held in Israel jails without trial has touched off clashes between occupation forces and protesters who have been asking for granting the prisoners their minimum rights.
Meanwhile on Tuesday, Israeli occupation forces clashed with protestors outside Ofer detention center near Ramallah.
The rally in solidarity with hunger-strikers marched towards the Israeli prison from Birzeit, Beitunia and Ramallah.
Occupation forces fired tear gas at protesters and youths responded by throwing stones at military forces.
At least 18 people were slightly injured, Ma’an quoted witnesses as saying. Journalists at the scene said occupation forces deliberately targeted them with smoke bombs and sound grenades.
For its part, an occupation army spokeswoman said approximately 150 Palestinians “rioted”, claiming they hurled rocks and firebombs at Zionist forces, “who responded with riot dispersal means.”
Report: “Israel” razed 465 Palestinian homes and structures in 2012
GAZA, (PIC)– A report issued on Tuesday by Hamas stated that the Israeli regime demolished 465 Palestinian homes and structures last year in the occupied territories of the West Bank and Jerusalem.
According to its report, Israel established 482 settlement projects in 2012, including settlements and outposts in the West Bank and Jerusalem.
The report also covered Israel’s violations that took place from 16 January to 15 February, including the Judaization activities that have escalated in Jerusalem.
Hamas stated in its report that Israel pursues a mass punishment policy against the Jerusalemites and violates the international humanitarian law regarding the protection of civilians under occupation.
It said that Israel targets the Palestinian presence in Jerusalem and work on forcing the Palestinian natives to leave their city in order to shrink their number and provide more homes and lands for the housing of Jewish settlers.
“The occupation seeks to change the boundaries of Jerusalem city in order to secure a Jewish majority in the holy city through the building of the segregation wall at the expense of the Palestinian land, the annexation of the major settlements around Jerusalem to its borders in order to create territorial contiguity between them, and the isolation of Palestinian communities that has always been part of Jerusalem,” Hamas emphasized.
IOA razes Jerusalemite home
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation authorities (IOA) razed a Palestinian home in Beit Egza village, north west of occupied Jerusalem, at dawn Wednesday.
Eyewitnesses said that big numbers of Israeli forces stormed the village to protect two bulldozers in their demolition mission.
They said that the bulldozers destroyed a house that was still under construction and a poultry farm, adding that the soldiers also bulldozed land surrounding the house, which was cultivated with vegetables and olive seedlings.
Owner of the house Sharif Mousa said that Israeli occupation forces in four armed vehicles escorted the bulldozers that razed his 70-square-meter house in addition to his 250-square-meter poultry farm.
IOF notifies the demolition of 9 Palestinian houses near Jericho
JERICHO, (PIC)– Palestinian sources in the eastern city of Jericho, in the occupied West Bank said that large Israeli military forces, stormed on Tuesday morning, the village of Fasayel, north of Jericho, and notified nine families of intention to demolish their houses.
Head of the village council, Ibrahim Abayat pointed out that the occupation forces arrested a Palestinian citizen in the village after seizing his private car.
He affirmed in a press statement that the village of Fasayel, like other Palestinian villages in the Jordan Valley, witnesses an Israeli fierce campaign to displacement of residents from their lands, through demolishing their homes and installations, imposing restrictions on them and preventing them from the most basic elements of normal life.
Abayat pointed out that the residents of the village have been frequently receiving notifications and military demolition orders, and that dozens of houses and tents belonging to local residents have been demolished.
The occupation forces have warned the citizens not to carry out constructions claiming that the village is under the Israeli control according to the Oslo agreement signed with the Palestinian Authority in 1995.
For his part; Majid Fityani, governor of Jericho and the Jordan Valley, called on the international community and human rights and civil society organizations, to intervene to stop these Israeli crimes against the citizens in the area of the Northern Jordan Valley.
IOA to seize 120 dunums of citizen’s land
AL-KHALIL,(PIC)– Israeli Occupation Authorities (IOA) handed a Palestinian citizen from Yatta village east of al-Khalil a notification to confiscate 120 dunums of his land east of the town.
Ratib al-Jbour, the coordinator of the Popular Committee Against the Wall and Settlements in south al-Khalil, confirmed that the IOF handed the citizen Hassan Ahmed Hmamdh a notification to evacuate his land, about 120 dunums, near Mitzpe Yair settlement.
These Israeli practices came in light of the Israeli systematic campaign to evacuate the area of its original owners in order to establish new outposts or military training sites.
Zionist Entity Denies ’Prisoner X’ Had Contact with Australian Intelligence
The Zionist entity denied on Tuesday that the Mossad Spy, who held both Israeli and Australian nationalities and died in vague circumstances, had a contact with Australian intelligence agency.
The denial came by the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office, after an Australian report said that Ben Zygier, who had been widely referred to as Prisoner X leaked information over Mossad operations in Middles East to the Australian intelligence service, which was investigating him on suspicion of using his Australian passport to spy for Israel.
“The Prime Minister’s office stresses that the late Mr. Zygier had no contact with the Australian security agencies,” the office said in a statement.
The PM’s office asserted that there was “excellent cooperation” between the Israeli and Australian governments and security agencies, as well as “full coordination and complete transparency in dealing with current issues.”
The statement appeared to be an attempt to smooth over tensions with Australia, which said it would ask Israel for an explanation for Zygier’s death in a maximum-security cell in the year of 2010.
It is believed that Ben Zygier was involved in the assassination of Hamas official, Mahmoud Mabhouh, in Dubai in February 2010.
“Israel” soldier posts photo of Palestinian boy in cross-hairs of sniper rifle
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– An Israel occupation soldier has published a photograph of what appears to be a Palestinian boy in the cross-hairs of a sniper’s rifle, prompting angry criticism after it was picked up by The Electronic Intifada and other news sites around the world.
Haaretz newspaper quoted a number of veterans in the Israeli occupation army as saying “this is what occupation looks like.”
The veterans said the image shows that not much has changed in the decade since a similar photograph taken by a soldier was published in 2003.
The soldier, who posted the photo on the online photo-sharing website Instagram, has since deleted his Instagram account.
The Israeli military said the soldier’s commanders had been notified and the issue would be dealt with.
Another soldier got two weeks detention for posting a picture of him standing next to cuffed and blindfolded Palestinian detainees on Facebook.